You’re cruising along in your day feeling good, just minding your own business, when all of a sudden the thought of a drink pops in your head.
What the heck?!?
You don’t want to drink, you know it tried to ruin your life and you don’t do it well, so why is your brain thinking about it?!?
Then, your brain wants to take it to a whole other level telling you you can do it!
- Maybe you can control it now.
- You could drink today and no one would even know.
- You could just have one, that’s easy to hide.
Here’s the deal- cravings are totally normal.
Having a craving doesn’t mean there is something wrong with you or that you are doing it wrong- it doesn’t mean you are weak or that your program isn’t working. It’s just your brain, doing brainy things!
Three key takeaways from this episode:
- Cravings are NORMAL.
- Cravings are brought on by triggers.
- Studies show that an average craving lasts around 20 minutes.
To continue the conversation join us in the Facebook group here!
Find the Relapse Triggers episode here.